Sporting appeal and emotional richness running through every vein.
High performance for the road, redefined.
The BMW M4 states its case as a compact high-performance coupe, the optional Competition Package gives it an extra edge, and the M4 GTS is an uncompromising sports car also designed for use on the track. And now the new limited-run special-edition BMW M4 CS fills the gap between its BMW M GmbH stablemates. With its eye-catching, emotionally powerful looks, it also raises the profile of the M4 range – and, by extension, the BMW M brand – another notch.
A new model-specific front splitter in exposed carbon fibre defines the face of the new BMW M4 CS, which cuts an unquestionably dominant and dynamic figure even when standing still. The car’s athletic lines extend along the CFRP bonnet and powerdome, over the roof – with its shallow central channel – and the new, likewise carbon-fibre spoiler lip on the boot lid, to the rear diffuser and its four exhaust tailpipes, integrated with impeccable stylistic fluency. The shape of the M4 CS appears as if cut from a single mould, underlining the design aspirations of the modern sports coupe.
Continue reading The new BMW M4 CS
Exhibition presentation in temporary and distinctive Hall 14 at the eastern entrance of Essen’s exhibition complex – BMW Group Classic presents particularly innovative vehicles from the years 1936 to 1995 – Review of 40 years of BMW 7 Series, 30 years of BMW twelve-cylinder engines and 30 years of BMW Z1, outlook for the Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este 2017.
Munich / Essen. Visitors to the Techno Classica 2017 in Essen will find a unique diversity of vehicles, components and services from the sphere of historic automobiles and motorcycles. From 5 April to 9 April 2017, the trade fair complex in Essen will once again be the meeting point for the international classic car scene. BMW Group Classic will be opening up completely new perspectives this year for visitors to the world’s biggest specialist exhibition for classic cars. The highlights from the history of the company are not simply being presented at a new location. They can be found behind a facade with an exceptional decorative design. The focus there is on particularly striking innovations from the company’s model and technology history. Twelve pioneering vehicles from the years 1936 to 1995 tell this story under the motto of “Our DNA: Innovation”. Together with visitors to the exhibition, BMW Group Classic looks back on developments such as 40 years of the BMW 7 Series and the introduction of the twelve-cylinder engine in luxury saloons 30 years ago.
Continue reading New perspectives for the view of historic innovations: BMW Group Classic at Techno Classica 2017
BMW Team SRM kicked off the second round of the Australian GT Championship with a solid eighth place for Steve Richards and the BMW M6 GT3 at Albert Park.
Richards put in a blinder of a qualifying lap earlier today to secure fifth spot on the grid for today’s opening race, although some confusion at the start of the 25-minute opener saw him drop down several spots on the first lap.
He fought back, though, ultimately finding himself locked in a tense battle with Lewis Williamson. In the end Richards came home eighth to cap off a promising opening day at Albert Park.
“We qualified really well. I think we probably got a bit more out of the car than some of the guys around us did,” said Richards.
Continue reading Solid Top 10 start for BMW Team SRM at Albert Park
In this year’s race season, Falken will line up on the grid with not one, but two cars from premium German manufacturers. Last year saw the debut of the Falken Porsche 911 GT3 R, which scooped the title of fastest Porsche in the 24 Hours Nürburgring and finished in 9th place overall. This season, it will be joined by an all-new Falken BMW M6 GT3 – the first time Falken has fielded two vehicles in motorsport.
Falken will enter both cars in various VLN endurance races as well as the legendary 24-hour race at Nürburgring. Campaigning two separate current-specification GT3 vehicles validates the confidence Falken has its tyres and engineering.
The BMW will be in the hands of two Falken drivers; Peter Dumbreck, this year celebrating ten years as part of the Falken team, and Alexandre Imperatori. The Porsche will be driven by Martin Ragginger and Porsche-works drivers Jörg Bergmeister, Dirk Werner and Laurens Vanthoor.
Continue reading Falken Porsche and BMW to tackle the 24 Hours Nürburgring
Dynamic test under extreme conditions in North Sweden.
Munich/Arjeplog. Driving dynamic and reliability are just two of the major characteristics of any BMW automobile. To ensure that a BMW functions in all conditions and that the customer is able to enjoy unrestricted access to that brand-typical “driving pleasure” at any time, BMW invests a great deal of time and know-how in both the construction and the testing of new automobiles. Long before a new model series arrives on the market, it will have had to withstand possibly the most severe endurance tests. This includes, for example, testing under extreme climatic conditions such as those prevailing in scorching hot deserts or freezing cold winter landscapes.
Continue reading The new BMW X3 undergoes winter testing
- Four-strong Australian MINI Countryman launch range confirmed
- Range features wide variety of drivetrain options: two- or all-wheel drive, petrol and diesel options with automatic transmission as standard
- Advanced standard safety suite includes Active Cruise Control, AEB, forward collision warning, park distance control and speed limit info fitted range-wide
- Reversing camera, auto tailgate, dual-zone climate control, comfort access, through-loading luggage compartment and satellite navigation among other highlights
- All-new interior layout and extensive personalisation options crate premium ambience
- Pricing commences from $39,900* for MINI Countryman Cooper, powered by a turbocharged 1.5-litre three-cylinder petrol engine
- MINI Countryman Cooper D available from $43,900*, with turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder diesel engine
- MINI Countryman Cooper S priced from $46,500*, featuring turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol engine
- Range-topping MINI Countryman Cooper SD starts from $51,500* and sports all-wheel drive, turbocharged 2.0-litre diesel engine
- Available late-Q1, 2017
Completing the new-generation MINI range, the latest MINI Countryman arrives in Australia from late-Q1, 2017.
Four models will be available from launch, with a range of petrol and diesel drivetrains and front- or all-wheel drive options ensuring an adventurous level of versatility.
“The new MINI Countryman introduces the excitement of the MINI range to the Premium Compact segment,” said MINI Australia General Manager, Tony Sesto.
“It’s the perfect car for families to enjoy an active lifestyle, with ample space, comfort and high efficiency from the new engine family. The standard advanced safety systems add further peace of mind.”
Continue reading The Adventurer: All-new MINI Countryman local pricing and specification confirmed
New equipment options emphasise the dynamic character of the BMW 6 Series Coupe, BMW 6 Series Convertible and BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe luxury- class models – The number 6 has highlighted the presence of sporty driving pleasure, exclusivity and innovation for 40 years.
Munich. The BMW 6 Series model range is welcoming a number of attractive new items to its optional equipment roster for spring 2017. The options available exclusively for the BMW 6 Series Coupe, BMW 6 Series Convertible and BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe bring striking exterior and interior flourishes which vividly showcase the sporting character of the three luxury-class models.
Customers can now plump for the body paint variant Sonic Speed Blue metallic, which is new to the selection of finishes. If the M Sport package – which is individually configured to each of the three model variants – is specified, the BMW 6 Series Coupe, BMW 6 Series Convertible and BMW 6 Series Gran Coupe can now also be ordered with new bi-colour 20-inch M light-alloy wheels which feature an M-specific double-spoke design and are fitted with mixed-size runflat tyres. Furthermore, the Carbon Fibre interior trim strips likewise available as an option with the M Sport package create a spine- tingling sports-car ambience inside the cockpit. These options were previously set aside for the three variants of the BMW M6 high-performance sports model.
Continue reading The BMW 6 Series model range: Luxurious elegance at its finest
The world’s most successful business sedan is now also available as a plug-in hybrid.
Munich. In March 2017, just a few weeks after the latest generation of the BMW 5 Series is launched, a plug-in hybrid variant will join the ranks of the world’s most successful business sedan. The BMW 530e iPerformance is a sporty sedan that serves up the dynamic driving experience for which the brand is renowned, combined with the possibility of electric driving with zero local emissions. Its fuel consumption of 1.9 l/100 km (148.7 mpg imp) equates to CO2 emissions of just 44 g/km*. The BMW 530e iPerformance is the most innovative model in its class and offers the full wealth of BMW 5 Series driver assistance systems – in all modes, including eDrive. These systems are complemented by all the available comfort-enhancing features and excellent long-distance driving credentials, including a boot that can hold ample luggage for trips away. As for its power source, trailblazing BMW eDrive technology teams up with a BMW TwinPower Turbo petrol engine to create an exceptionally economical and powerful plug-in hybrid drive system that fits perfectly with the dynamic, smooth and efficient character profile of the new BMW 5 Series. The iPerformance tag attached to all of BMW’s plug-in hybrid models bears testimony to the transfer of know-how from BMW i to the core brand’s cars. The BMW 530e iPerformance is the sixth member of a growing portfolio of iPerformance models that have proved a hit with customers.
Continue reading The BMW 530e iPerformance
- Ultra-exclusive BMW M4 DTM Champion Edition confirmed for Australia
- Built to commemorate Marco Wittman’s 2016 DTM championship, driving the BMW M4 DTM. This follows an initial title in 2014
- Australia to receive 10 examples out of a 200 global unit allocation
- Australian vehicles to receive commemorative plaque
Direct transfer of motorsport technologies from racetrack to road
- Priced from $295,000*
German racing driver Marco Wittman has enjoyed a special relationship with BMW Motorsport since his debut in the 2013 Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters, better known as the DTM.
Continue reading Fit for a champion: The BMW M4 DTM Champion Edition confirmed for Australia
- Premiere for the first John Cooper Works model of the latest generation in the premium compact segment; new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman combines authentic race feeling with the most space, everyday practicality and long-distance suitability ever realised in a model of the brand; drive and suspension technology developed based on motor racing expertise, the all-wheel drive system ALL4 as standard and the versatile interior enable unique flexibility in terms of both driving properties and functionality.
- Extreme driving fun and an exclusive aura due to the precisely harmonised package of engine, suspension, aerodynamically optimised exterior and sports car flair in the cockpit that is typical of the John Cooper Works models; the distinct vehicle character is given additional emphasis with model-specific standard features including LED headlamps, MINI Driving Modes, Park Distance Control, Comfort Access, Radio MINI Visual Boost, multifunction buttons on the steering wheel and cruise control with brake function.
Continue reading The new MINI John Cooper Works Clubman