- John Cooper Works now launches the second top athlete of the new model generation; new MINI John Cooper Works Convertible invites racing fans to enjoy extreme driving fun in a particularly exclusive way; unique vehicle concept in the small car segment combining authentic racing feel with intense open-air enjoyment, complete with the premium quality and mature product substance of the new MINI generation.
- Thrilling performance properties and extrovert charisma; drive, suspension technology and aerodynamics developed on the basis of well-established racing expertise; distinctive design features in the unmistakable style of John Cooper Works and clearly differentiated from the new MINI Convertible.
- 2.0 litre 4-cylinder power unit developed exclusively for John Cooper Works models; current engine generation with MINI TwinPower Turbo Technology as the basis; fascinating performance characteristics and highly emotional sound development due to distinctive design of pistons, turbocharger and exhaust system; the most powerful engine in the MINI portfolio with 170 kW/231 hp; output increase of 15 kW/20 hp as compared to the predecessor model and 29 kW/39 hp as compared to the new MINI Cooper S Convertible: maximum torque: 320 Newton metres;
6-speed manual transmission as standard, 6-speed Steptronic sport transmission available as an option; combined EU fuel consumption: 6.5 l/100 km (automatic:
5.9 l/100 km, combined EU CO2 emissions: 152 g/km (138 g/km).
- Extremely sporty acceleration and elasticity figures; 0 – 100 km/h in 6.6 seconds (minus 0.3 seconds) with manual transmission and 6.5 seconds (minus 0.6 seconds) with Steptronic transmission, 80 – 120 km/h in 6.1 seconds (minus 0.7 seconds); top speed increased by 7 km/h to 242 km/h (automatic: 240 km/h).
- Power transmission to the front wheels; high-quality suspension technology with set- up geared perfectly to the vehicle concept and engine performance characteristics; standard trim includes Brembo sports brake system, 17-inch John Cooper Works light alloy wheels Track Spoke silver and speed-related Servotronic steering support; Dynamic Damper Control available as an option; Dynamic Stability Control (DSC) as standard with DTC (Dynamic Traction Control), EDLC (Electronic Differential Lock Control) and Performance Control.
When passion for motor racing is the driving force and intense open-air pleasure the goal, the new MINI John Cooper Works Convertible takes the ideal line from the word go. The second John Cooper Works model of the latest generation combines engine and suspension technology optimised for use on the race track with distinctive design and equipment features as well as the extensively refined qualities of the new MINI Convertible. This lends even greater fascination to the vehicle concept of an open-top 4-seater with outstandingly sporty performance properties that is still unique in the small car segment Continue reading The new MINI John Cooper Works Convertible